Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Thankful

Wow, what a campaign this has been!  I am so thankful for so many blessings that have occurred since we began.

First, I am thankful for the love and support of my family.  From the moment my wife and I discussed the idea of running for mayor, to then actually deciding to undertake it, she and my children have supported me 100% and have been my biggest supporters. 

Secondly, I have the most amazing campaign team in the world!  I bet a lot of candidates say that, but it is so true.  My volunteers have walked miles and miles, going door to door for the campaign.  They have made phone calls.  They have attended and supported me at my debates and various events.  They have hosted meet and greet events.  They have offered advice and feedback.  I could not have done this without them.

I am thankful that I was given the opportunity to run for mayor.  To serve has always been something I have wanted to do.  I have a lot of passion for my town and for the role as a public servant; I am ready for the role as mayor of Canby. 

I am thankful for you, my friends and the citizens of Canby.  You've given me great ideas and feedback on what you want to see happen in our town.  Please know that you can always talk to me about what is concerning you with our community. 

Again, thank you.  As we head into the final days of this campaign, I hope to see you around town or on election day.  Come by and say a quick "hi" to me at Starbucks.  And don't forget to vote!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...