Saturday, October 27, 2012

Our Community & Volunteering: Let's All Be Involved

I have always been a volunteer.  Volunteering is one of the easiest ways to give.  It is so important to give back to your school, town, or favorite charity. 

I think politicians, even a small town mayor, have an important role in volunteering and highlighting the importance of giving back.  Volunteering is also a great way to both pay back and be on the pulse of the issues and needs of your community. 

Canby is a small town.  We have schools that parents are deeply involved in.  We have community support in places like the Canby Center.  Community service, I feel, becomes even more impressive and important.  You are directly affecting the lives of your neighbor, your child's schoolmate, your family. 

Over the years, I have been involved in local community and charity efforts, including Operation Snuggle, S.M.A.R.T, the Trost School Clean-Up (a program I initiated), various events involved with my position on the Chamber of Commerce board, and the Metro Toy Drive.  As we near the holidays, a lot of these charitable efforts become important and crucial; I invite you to join me on them!

Is there a community effort that you feels needs to be started in Canby?  Is there a charity you have always wanted to get involved in, but don't know how?  Let me know!  Drop me an email and let's work together to get more involved in our community.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...